U-BIOPRED – Unbiased BIOmarkers for the Prediction of REspiratory Disease outcomes
Funded under: IMI and managed by CNRS
From 01/10/2009 to 30/09/2015, closed project
More information: U-BIOPRED Website
U-BIOPRED has designed and implemented a staged-strategy leading to a step-change in understanding severe asthma and novel drug development through:
- Generating consensus and global standard operating procedures (SOPs) on diagnostic criteria, clinical phenotyping and disease outcome of severe asthma
- Creating adult/paediatric cohorts and biobanks for cross-sectional and longitudinal studies in well characterized severe asthmatics and controls
- Generating phenotype handprints of severe asthma by an innovative systems biology strategy (training set)
- Validating the accuracy of phenotype handprints in identification of newly included patients (validation set)
- Refining phenotype handprints with pre-clinical animal and human exacerbation models
- Validating the handprints for their predictive efficacy in gold standard and experimental therapeutic intervention
- Refining the diagnostic criteria and phenotypes of severe asthma by incorporating the newly established handprints
- Establishing a platform for exchange, education and dissemination.
EISBM teams in cooperation with partners have established a novel systems biology approach to integrate high dimensional data from invasive, non-invasive and patient-reported outcomes.
The consortium includes partners from academia (20), biopharma industry (EFPIA) (9), patients/care organisations (6), SMEs (4) and multinational industry (1). U-BIOPRED has a Management Board (day-to-day management), Strategic Advisory Board (external advice), Scientific Board (integrating the 10 Workpackages), Ethics Board, Safety Board, and a General Assembly (representing all partners).
EISBM past contributors
- Hassan Ahmed
- Amphun Chaiboonchoe
- Diane Lefaudeux