We are looking for a dynamic and self-driven candidate thrilled to join an international cross-disciplinary team of biologists, clinicians, epidemiologists and computer scientists from academy and industry in their effort to better understand and treat solid tumour cancers.
Computational systems biology, machine learning/AI, web platform, clinical users’ acceptance
This job offer is in relation with an Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) Research and Innovation Actions project. We aim at revolutionise oncology care in Europe by designing, developing, and delivering the first interoperable and GDPR-compliant European real-world oncology data and evidence generation platform, along with decision support toolsets for prostate, lung and breast cancer. By designing this platform from the onset based on the needs of the clinicians and patients in an inclusive and sustainable way, the project aims to strengthen shared decision-making based on innovative data and AI-driven technology and tools.
To achieve our vision, we have united the key partners from other data-driven European wide oncology initiatives (PIONEER, EHDEN, HARMONY) in our project along with Europe’s leading clinicians in the fields of breast, prostate and lung cancer. At the core of the project are the major guideline offices of the three indications, whilst the project is further strengthened by patient advocacy groups, professional societies and 6 SMEs as partners. The platform will build on existing open source solutions such as the OMOP-CDM , tranSMART and OHDSI ATLAS whilst developing novel AI models based on federated learning to facilitate knowledge discovery. At the start of the project, we will already have access to datasets covering over 120M people in Europe, along with high quality data patient cohorts for AI model building. Moreover, the platform will be hosted in-kind on existing infrastructure. Finally, we envision sustainability of the platform through a value-based approach with various business models for commercial users.
She/he will be part of the association EISBM led by Charles Auffray and based in the Lyon suburban area. EISBM is an equal opportunity employer offering attractive compensation packages and flexible working conditions.
– Participation in the development of AI models based on multiple data modalities (clinical, omics, imaging…) to answer several clinical research questions selected within the project.
– Integration of those models with the project’s web platform and with clinical guidelines-based models developed in the project.
– Gathering and prioritization of the user’s feedback (clinicians, researchers) using the AI models.
– Participation in the performance evaluation of the models and the web platform, including the level of use/acceptance by the users.
Engineer degree with 3+ years of experience, master’s degree in computer science with 3+ years of experience or PhD in sciences with the relevant expertise in the following:
– Machine learning (R, python…)
– AI (deep learning, convolutional neural network, natural language processing)
– Knowledge of the OMOP common data model
– Federated learning (e.g. NVIDIA Clara framework)
– Communication skills within an inter-disciplinary team of clinicians, patients, epidemiologists
– Fluent in English
This contract will be for up to 48 months, starting in Q4 2021.
The salary will be depending on qualifications and experience, based on the pharmaceutical industry salary grid.
The applicants should send their CV, cover letter and two references to: email@example.com.
Please mention the reference ‘EISBM-07-21-Dev’ in your application.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.